Visit MiniLifeHacks.com

Visit www.MiniLifeHacks.com for more articles!

Friday, May 14, 2010

10 Questions you can ask to Get to Know Yourself

Getting to know yourself is a major turning point on the way to truly enjoying your life. In order to understand the world around you, you must first understand yourself and how you react to stimuli in any given situation.  Physical awareness is the very first step to take on the road to full awareness of mind and body.  Mental and spiritual awareness would follow, but for now let's just focus on the body.  This helps us to realize what we can and can't do and also how others perceive us. Here is a short list of 10 questions that will, if you take the time to honestly consider them, will help you to better understand yourself and become more physically aware.

  1. What is the distance from the tip of my thumb to the tip of my little finger when my hand is outstretched?  (This can be very useful when taking quick measurements of objects around the house.)
  2. What does my normal sitting posture look like?  What would I need to do to improve it?
  3. What is my average reflex time? (Take this online test)  Is it above or below average?
  4. What is the speed of my resting heartbeat?
  5. What is the duration of one full breath?  How does it change depending on my mood or activity?
  6. How much weight can I lift without injuring myself?
  7. When standing or sitting, is my center of gravity perfectly centered over my feet or chair?  Is my weight naturally shifted?  This could mean issues with your posture.
  8. How high can I jump?  How far can I jump?
  9. How long is my normal walking stride?  This will increase accuracy when pacing off distances.
  10. What volume of food is comfortable for me to eat and not be stuffed, or left hungry?
Feel free to add your own questions to the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Don't forget to bookmark this page so you can come back again and share your thoughts.